People that come to work at WelTec come from a variety of backgrounds.
Our Academic staff come on board with the following backgrounds:
- You may have a few years or a few decades of industry experience and are looking for a career change.
- You would like to share what you have learned on the job with people. The reward of passing on your expertise to others is something that appeals.
- You may not necessarily have previous experience employed in an academic environment. If that is the case WelTec offers a comprehensive programme to develop you in to the role of Academic Staff Member.
This role can develop in the future to more senior academic positions which may or may not include teaching.
You may have been an academic staff member at another institute or university.
Our >Non-Academic staff come from a wide range of backgrounds including:
- Other educational employers
The key attributes we look for in our staff are
- Passionate about working for WelTec
- Continually learning and growing
- Thrives on challenges
- Self reflects on how to improve
- Enjoys being part of a wider team and being connected to the wider institute
- Knows how to have fun at work
- Gets on with people from all walks of life/cultural backgrounds
- Prepared to give new things a go
- Prepared to chip in and help out