Making Connections - Activities and Events for International Students
WelTec International organises activities and events throughout the academic year that encourage and support international students to join in and take part in sports, cultural activities, local events, and the day to day social activities that are part of the New Zealand lifestyle.
We aim to provide a wide variety of experiences to support students’ personal, social and cultural development and to encourage friendship and interaction across all cultures.
Annual activities and events include –
- Orientation activities each trimester (March, July and November)
- Social activities
- Involvement in institutional, local and community events
- Visits to local and national sites of interest
- Opportunities for students to share and celebrate their cultures
- Development of links with community groups
- Appreciation of New Zealand culture, and of Maori language and culture as a treasured and unique component of the New Zealand way of life
Join us – make connections, have fun, learn, enjoy!
> Back to International Services