- Head to the registration area and get signed in as present
- You will then line up in order of graduation
- It is important that you stay in the correct order. If you are unsure about anything, please speak to a marshal.
- Marshals will be on hand to help you with your academic dress.
Congratulations and presentation of qualifications
- Each graduand will be asked by a marshal to head towards the stage
- When it’s your turn, walk across the stage to shake hands with the official presenter
- If you’re receiving a Degree, a ceremonial trencher will be held over your head and you will be instructed to put your trencher on your head
- If you already hold a degree you may wear your trencher onto the stage
- You will be presented with your qualification as you leave the stage
Closing speeches and karakia
- After the closing speeches and karakia, the official procession of staff leaves the stage and you will follow
- The duration of the ceremony will take between one-and-a-half to two hours