Free counselling is available to all students.
Piki is a free service for 18-25's to support those with mental distress. Students (18-25) can self-refer through the Piki website. If you require assistance with the referral process, please contact LSS@WandW.ac.nz or call 0800 141121.
Our student counselling services for all students are provided by Vitae, a team of independent counsellors located throughout New Zealand. We can support you in accessing these services, or you can self-refer – students are entitled to three free sessions. This service is available in an emergency – you can ring them at any time of the day or night.
0508 664 981 (freephone, available 24/7)
Wellbeing support advice
• Eat healthily and often
• Stay hydrated for energy and mental clarity
• Exercise as often as possible
• Try to get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep
How to stay focused
• Set goals; start small, set goals that are measurable and easy to achieve
• Identify any long term goals you wish to work towards
• Visually display your long term goals and your motivation for achieving them
• Where possible set up a study space away from distractions
• Set aside time for yourself
• Find activities that you enjoy, this will help you to de-stress
Have a question
Call us on 0800 935 832
or send us a message