To assist new students who have demonstrated outstanding academic potential and leadership capabilities to attend the Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec).
BECA is making available two $3500* scholarships available to eligible students.
- Be over 16 years of age.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency.
- Commence their study in 2019 following the award of the Scholarship.
- Meet the programme entry requirements by having enrolled and been accepted onto the Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Level 7) or NZ Diploma in Engineering (Level 6) offered by the Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec).
- Fully complete the application form and apply by the specified closing date.
- Arrange for a reference if required.
- Attach to their application form, their most recent results in NCEA or equivalent.
- Provide details of involvement in activities in which they have shown leadership, as outlined on the application form.
The criteria of selection will be based on:
- Academic achievement.
- Demonstrated leadership ability (this can be through school, sporting, cultural and/or community settings).
- Demonstration of a genuine desire to succeed in their chosen field of study and aspirations.
- Financial circumstances.
- Due to the low number of women studying engineering preference will be given to female applicants if all of the above criteria are met.
How to Apply
Complete the BECA Engineering Scholarship Application Form in full. The application must be received by the closing date of 31 January 2019 and sent to:
WelTec Scholarships Administrator
C/- Wellington Institute of Technology
Private Bag 39803, Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following conditions apply:
- The scholarships are for the first year of study at Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec) and are only awarded to those students who are New Zealand citizens or have New Zealand permanent residency.
- If the candidate is entitled to Government fees free the scholarship will be deferred to the second year of the candidate’s study.
- The scholarships will be awarded on the basis that the information supplied is true and correct and Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec) reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship if the information is proved inaccurate.
- The Scholarship must be accepted by the date indicated in the letter of offer. If any candidate declines a Scholarship, or does not accept the Scholarship by the required date, the Selection Panel may offer the Scholarship to another person. A Scholarship must be taken up in the year for which it is offered.
- Payment will be paid direct to the tuition fees of the successful applicants.
- Scholarship funds are not entitled to be refunded.
- Scholarship recipients may be required to repay part or all of the scholarship funds if they withdraw from the programme or transfer to another programme.
- The decision of the Selection Panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Successful candidates must be willing to feature in BECA and/or Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec) promotional material/publications.
* on average not to exceed total per annum course costs