The purpose of this scholarship is to assist current students who have demonstrated outstanding academic potential and leadership capabilities to attend their final year of study at Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec).
- Be over 16 years of age.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency.
- Commence their third year of study in 2020 following the award of the Scholarship.
- Meet the programme entry requirements by having enrolled and been accepted onto the Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Level 7) specialising in Structural Engineering offered by the Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec).
- Fully complete the application form and apply by the specified closing date.
- Arrange for a reference if required.
- Attach to their application form, their most recent NCEA and WelTec programme results.
- Provide details of involvement in activities in which they have shown leadership, as outlined in the application form.
The criteria of selection will be based on:
- Academic achievement.
- Demonstrated leadership ability (this can be through school, sporting, cultural and/or
- Demonstration of a genuine desire to succeed in Structural Engineering and aspirations.
- Financial circumstances.
DTCE Structural Engineering is making available one $3000 scholarship to eligible students.
The following conditions apply:
- The scholarships are for the third year of study at Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec) and are only awarded to those students who are New Zealand citizens or have New Zealand permanent residency.
- The scholarships will be awarded on the basis that the information supplied is true and correct and Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec) reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship if the information is proven inaccurate.
- The Scholarship must be accepted by the date indicated in the letter of offer. If any candidate declines a Scholarship or does not accept the Scholarship by the required date, the Selection Panel may offer the Scholarship to another person. A Scholarship must be taken up in the year for which it is offered.
- Payment will be paid direct to the bank account of the successful applicant.
- Scholarship recipients may be required to repay part or all of the scholarship funds if they withdraw from the programme or transfer to another programme.
- The decision of the Selection Panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Successful candidates must be willing to feature in DTCE Structural Engineering and Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec) promotional material/publications.
How to Apply
Complete the Engineering Scholarship Application Form in full.
The application must be received by the closing date of 30 November 2019 and sent to:
WelTec Scholarships Administrator
C/- Wellington Institute of Technology
Private Bag 39803, Wellington Mail Centre