What you will learn
- Receive on-site work experience in timber framed construction
- Safely use carpentry hand tools and timber machining equipment
- Set up timber and metal scaffolds
- Interpret construction drawings and prepare quantity lists
- Learn first aid and how to apply safe work practices on construction sites
More detail about this qualification
Students are required to have the items listed on this document for the programme.
Under 20 years
- 10 credits at level 1 in each of numeracy and literacy, or equivalent study/work experience.
- Physical capability to complete the programme.
Over 20 years
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria
Hear from our graduates
Government's Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF)
These programmes are FREE under TTAF, covering; compulsory tuition fees, compulsory course costs and compulsory student services fees. Visit tec.govt.nz for more information about TTAF.