What you will learn
- Gain tiling employment skills
- Safely use hand tools and materials
- Install indoor/outdoor floor and wall tiling
- Learn design techniques for feature walls and mosaic
- Apply a variety of adhesives, grouts and sealants
- Interpret construction drawings to complete projects
- Perform simple trades calculations and order quantities
- Follow industry health and safety protocols
Work as a tiling apprentice. With experience and further study you can progress to be a qualified tradesperson in a team or become self-employed. Other construction trade areas, such as plastering or painting, are also an option.
Under 20 years
10 credits NCEA Level 1 numeracy and 10 credits NCEA Level 1 literacy or equivalent study/work experience.
Over 20 years
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Government's Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF)
This programme is FREE and covered under TTAF, click here for more information.
*Student services fee is not included under the Government scheme.