Please note that this offering is now fully enrolled but if you wish to be placed on a waitlist please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What you will learn
- Learn how to use and maintain plumbing tools and equipment
- Develop skills in brazing and soldering
- Install drains, working out levels using lasers
- Cover the installation of plumbing fixtures, water pipes and water cylinders
- Understand how to safely install gas pipes
- Install basis roof cladding and flashings
- Follow industry health and safety protocols
- Get trained and certified in first aid
- Heating and ventilation installer
- Heat pump installer
Applicants must be able to carry out the physical requirements of the programme.
Under 20 years
10 credits NCEA level 1 numeracy and 10 credits NCEA level 1 literacy, or evidence of equivalent skills and knowledge.
Over 20 years
Government's Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF)
These programmes are FREE under TTAF, covering; compulsory tuition fees, compulsory course costs and compulsory student services fees. Visit tec.govt.nz for more information about TTAF.