What you will learn
- Reach the level required by the Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) for Inspector's theory examinations and practical assessments
- Assess and apply safe working practices
- Learn care and use of test instruments
- Carry out continuity tests
- Measure conductor and insulation resistance
- Test earthing systems
- Complete RCD and phase rotation measurements
- Inspect and test work on a variety of low-voltage installations and appliances
- Install and terminate supply and load conductors to DIN and BS energy meters
- Complete and issue compliance documentation
- Apply safe working practices
Offered as a two-week full time block course or 18 weeks night class 5.30pm – 8.30pm.
You will also be required to do some pre-course reading and revision.
It is recommended that students bring a copy of the latest ASNZ3000:2007.
Access to electronic copies of companion standards is recommended.
A scientific calculation is also required.
You must be a NZ Registered Electrician.
The EWRB exam is an online exam which can be booked through Aspeq for sitting following completion of the course.
EWRB Practical Assessment Application (PDF 605KB) - required to be submitted with payment.
Course related costs:
EWRB Examination Application Fee: $166.75
EWRB Practical Assessment Fee: $85.00