What you will learn
- Gain an understanding of electrical theory and practical skills
- Learn the use of test instruments and take measures
- Develop skills in circuit drawing
- Carry out practical wiring and testing of electrical systems
- Participate in basic wiring practices
- Learn how to diagnose and fix faults
- Circuit installations
- Learn safe worksite practice and acquire the ability to identify electrical hazards
You could start work as an apprentice to a qualified electrician.
- Electrical fitter
- Electronics service person
- Appliance service technician
Ability to undertake the physical requirements of the programme.
Under 20 years
- NCEA level 1 or evidence of equivalent skills and knowledge.
Over 20 years
Government's Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF)
This programme is FREE and covered under TTAF, click here for more information.
*Student services fee is not included under the Government scheme.
Start your career as an electrician. Learn the skills and theory that an electrician needs in their daily work. This course will give you broad-based training in all aspects of the industry.