What you will learn
- Safety in the welding industry
- Setting up welding equipment
- TIG welding techniques for low carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminium
- MIG welding techniques for low carbon steel and aluminium
- Learn to recognise and repair the most common welding faults
- Gain basic distortion control techniques
- Manual thermal cutting
The course is offered as an evening course in Trimester 1, every Tuesday from 5.30pm-8.30pm for a total of 12 weeks.
In Trimester 2, the course will run during the same time on either a Tuesday or Wednesday evening for a total of 12 weeks.
This qualification is a statement of Attendance MIG and TIG Introduction
Note: This programme is not approved for student loans.
You'll need the following items for the workshop
- Overalls or dustcoat
- Steel-capped safety shoes or boots
- Safety glasses
We will provide welding helmets and gloves.