What you will learn
- Advance your understanding of material properties and their treatments
- Learn to make, install and repair metal products for light and heavy fabrication and steel construction
- Heavy fabricated products could include heavy trailers and heavy manufacturing equipment
- Light fabricated products could include ducting, light trailers and balustrade
- Carry out complex welding tasks
- Apply knowledge of forming and shaping to minimise damage and distortion
More detail about this qualification
Evening classes, three hours a week held between February and December. Includes two one-week block courses per year.
- General Engineer
- Structural Sheet Worker
Must be employed in an appropriate engineering job full-time and have successfully completed the New Zealand Certificate in Engineering (Level 3) or have relevant skills and experience.
Funding your study
Government's Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF)
This programme is FREE and covered under TTAF, click here for more information.
*Student services fee is not included under the Government scheme.