What you will learn
- Advance your understanding of material properties and their treatments
- Learn to make, install and repair metal products for light and heavy fabrication and steel construction
- Heavy fabricated products could include trailers, earthmoving machinery and manufacturing equipment
- Light fabricated products could include ducting, architectural fixtures and balustrade
- Carry out complex welding tasks on steel structures
- Apply knowledge of forming and shaping to minimise damage and distortion
Evening classes, three hours a week held between March and November. Includes two one week block courses per year.
- Fitter and Turner
- General Engineer
- Structural Sheet Worker
Must be employed in an appropriate engineering job full-time and have successfully completed the New Zealand Certificate in Engineering (Level 3) or relevant skills and experience.
Government's Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF)
This programme is FREE and covered under TTAF, click here for more information.
*Student services fee is not included under the Government scheme.