At WelTec, you'll get practical engineering skills. You'll have numerous opportunities to use equipment and lab gear.
Our fully-equipped engineering workshop has a range of equipment:
- CNC machines (including a circuit board engraving machine)
- 3D printers
- thermoforming machine
- Avery tensile testing machine (to do things like test the strength of materials such as concrete)
- Mitsubishi robot in our mechatronics lab
- mini robots
- hydraulic training equipment
- pneumatic boards with 24 volt PLC controls
- Plus machines to do hardness testing, impact testing and fatigue testing.
Our computer equipment includes a separate network of computers to do isolated tests, processing and programming.
Engineering labs are located in our Petone campus at 21 Kensington Avenue, Petone.