Understand English on a more advanced level. Expand your vocabulary and communicate with more meaning. Consider different contexts, settings and audiences. Enjoy an interactive learning environment. Successful completion of this programme will give you an IELTS (academic) score of 6.5 - a requirement for all Level 8/9 postgraduate programmes.
What you will learn
- Develop your ability to read complex texts on unfamiliar topics and demonstrate understanding
- Learn how to listen to an abstract oral text, communicate its meaning and define the main ideas
- Improve your spoken English by participating in advanced conversations on unfamiliar topics
- Learn how to write detailed, logically structured texts that are appropriate to a specific audience and have a purpose
- Develop your ability to summarise information from a range of sources
- Build your understanding of the difference between formal and informal English
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 6.
Only international students can apply to enrol for this programme. Please contact us if you need further information.