This unique course has been designed to get you started on your long hair styling journey. You’ll learn how to prepare the hair to achieve stunning looks with beautiful finish; how to use modern, up-to-date methods for dressing and securing the hair and how to achieve classic styles with a modern twist.
You’ll receive life-long access to Lorna Evans’s specialist long hair videos and be invited to upload your work to her online community page for students.
What You’ll Learn:
Led by award-winning local stylist, Angela Enoka, you’ll be guided through the Lorna Evans Education tertiary training programme to learn,
- basic sectioning skills to help control long hair
- classic French rolls
- classic chignons
- working with padding
- vintage rolls
- blow drying using brushes to create curl, wave or volume
- blow drying using brushes to straighten or smooth hair
- applying hot rollers to set hair
- dry moulding
- back combing / plus alternative modern methods
- securing hair using bands or pins not visible in finished design
- applying fixing products
- hair sewing
This course is delivered over 5 consecutive Mondays from 4-7 PM.
24 May: Hair Preparation (participants must complete this course)
31 May: Braids and Buns
7 June: (no class, Queens Birthday observed)
14 June: French Roll
21 June: Chignon and Twists
28 June: Vintage Rolls and Waves
Supporting online content can be accessed through purchase of your Long Hair Toolkit.
About Lorna Evans Education
Lorna Evans is a very well known, award winning Australian stylist, salon owner and educator; who’s also developed her own range of styling tools and practices as a long hair specialist. Her goal is to simplify hair styling so that all Hair stylists gain the skills and confidence to look after their own special occasion clients.
See Lorna’s work on Instagram @lornaevanseducation
Course Related Costs:
A Long Hair Toolkit is required. The kit contains:
- Timesaver Brush
- BIG tail Comb
- Curve Comb
- Padding Mix
- Hair Net
- Long Bodkin Needle
- Linen Thread
- Bungee Tape
- The Stitch
- Secret Bands
- Fingerwave Clips
- Access to over 20 Hours of tailored compact sessions, printable study booklets and handouts.
Please note: Toolkit cost is included in the course fee and will be handed out at the first session. Materials only need to be purchased once for use over the five-course series.
You must either;
- Be currently enrolled in, or have recently completed, the WelTec Make-up & Skin Care or Makeup Artistry course; or
- Be currently enrolled in, or recently have completed a tertiary qualification in hairdressing, make-up & skincare or makeup artistry; or
- Be working in industry as a professional stylist or apprentice hairdresser; or as a makeup artist.
Please note: Whitireia or WelTec Hairdressing students will cover this content as a part of the New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) (Level 3).
Apply above to secure your spot in the Lorna Evans Long Hair short course.
* Payment of course fees can be made in-person on campus or through secure online bank transfer.
* Confirmation of place along with course details will be shared post-application.
All images displayed are trademarked by Lorna Evans Education and displayed with permission from Lorna Evans Education.