What you will learn
- Fundamentals of hairdressing and styling
- Understand the use of elementary colours, foils, highlights and lowlights
- Perform elementary blow drying and long hair styling techniques
- Gain knowledge in hair treatments and scalp massage
- Learn about safe, hygienic and professional practice
- Work on real clients in the salon and develop your reception, customer service and consultation skills
- Opportunity to work on the World of WearableArt™ Awards show, regional competitions, fashion shows and theatre production
Work as a salon assistant. Or you might continue on with training as a second-year apprentice working in industry.
- Salon assistant
- Fashion hair stylist
Course Related Costs
This programme has additional course related costs of approximately $800 (2021 - includes combs, brushes, hairdryer etc)
Apply for your course related costs with Studylink.
Under 20 years
NCEA level 1, or above
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the entry criteria as provided on the Under 20 information.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5, or equivalent.
* International fees shown here do not include insurance and administration (currently approximately $780 per year of study)