This Level 3 Certificate is a full time 17-week programme which is offered twice a year at the Petone campus.
What you will learn
- Apply practical application of knowledge in workplace settings on work placement
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of professional and ethical behaviour
- Understand and describe a person’s holistic health
- Learn important communication skills
- Learn how to respond to and recognise change.
More detail about this qualification
The programme uses blended learning methods i.e. a combination of face-to-face, online and work-integrated learning.
Students will need access to a computer and internet at home to support their learning and to be able to study at home should Covid-19 Alert Levels change.
Teaching and learning
For the first two weeks you will typically spend three days a week in class, this will then reduce to two days a week.
You will spend approximately 2-3 days per week for ten weeks putting your skills into practice by completing supervised work experience (we will help you find a placement).
Some work experience agencies may require students to complete health screening before attending placement. These requirements will be discussed at interview.
NCEA level 1 or equivalent qualification/work experience AND evidence of suitability based on interview, health declaration, safety check under the Children’s Act 2014 and referee reports.
How to apply
1. We recommend you apply online from the WelTec website.
2. Before you start your online application, you will need to have the following documentation available to upload when requested:
*Give the referee report to someone who is willing to be your referee. Ask them to complete the forms and either return to yourself (so you can upload with your application), or scan and email to email@example.com within 10 days.
Alternatively, completed applications can be printed off and:
21 Kensington Ave, Petone
Funding your study
Government's Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF)
These programmes are FREE under TTAF, covering, compulsory tuition fees, compulsory course costs and compulsory student services fees. Visit tec.govt.nz for more information about TTAF.