What you will learn
- Gain hands-on understanding of supervisory roles
- Develop skills in table and silver service
- Enhance your knowledge of wine and beverages
- Gain expertise to work in cafes and bars
- Become skilled in using barista equipment
- Learn skills in billing procedures
There are opportunities in New Zealand and overseas in a wide range of front-of-house roles in cafés, restaurants, bars, hotels, airlines and in the tourism industry. There are also careers in supervisory roles.
Under 20 years
- 10 NCEA literacy credits at level 1 or above (as specified on the NZQA list) made up of 5 credits in reading and 5 credits in writing
- 10 numeracy credits at Level 1 or above (as specified on the NZAQ list)
- Or evidence of literacy and numeracy skills at least equivalent to the above
- Equivalent qualification; or current or recent employment in the food and beverage industry, with a minimum of 6 months' experience
Over 20 years
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.