What you will learn
- Learn how to design, develop, plan and cost menus
- Present your dish ideas using best-practice contemporary techniques and advanced culinary skills
- Build on your culinary abilities for cookery or patisserie
- Cover kitchen operations and manage resources to achieve targets
- Global cuisine influences and techniques
- Traditional and modern larder techniques and preparations
This qualification is the New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) - Cookery strand.
WelTec has aligned this programme with the internationally recognised City and Guilds Advanced Diploma in Food Preparation and Cookery (Supervision).
For international students, this course can be aggregated with the New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4) as a combined two year programme.
Perfect if you have long-term career aspirations for any of the following positions:
- Kitchen manager
- Sous chef
- Banquet chef
- Executive chef
- Food production manager
- Pastry chef
Under 20 years
New Zealand Certificate in Cookery Level 4, or equivalent.
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5, or equivalent.
Additional course costs
Knife kit and scales (you may have these from Level 4), textbook (approximately $90), suitable footwear for wearing in kitchens (non-slip rubber soles).