The aim of the Graduate Diploma in Cybersecurity (Level 7) is to create a set of information technology professionals who have the ability to think about information security and assurance within an enterprise system, and know how to integrate security policy, practices and technologies into an operational infrastructure.
Graduates will be able to:
- Understand information security, governance, risk and related standards and how these should be interpreted and applied to a business environment
- Discuss the role of information security with relation to modern organisational functions
- Examine implementation of information security in organisations and make recommendations for improvement and maintenance
- Design, plan, organise, and implement information security programmes in an organisation
- Understand the design requirements of secure systems
- Effectively plan for future information security implementations
- Conduct risk management assessments including business impact analyses
- Evaluate the controls needed to protect information within the organisation to include policy, education and awareness, and technology
- Evaluate and apply current cryptographic and security techniques within IT business and personal environments
- Prevent, detect, and react to threats to information security in the organisation
- Recognise and competently assess cyber threats and undertake incident response and digital forensic-related activities
- Conduct security tests against networks and understand contemporary business and security needs in the context of security testing
- Identify and manage ethical issues related to the use of, and advancement of, digital technologies
Graduates of these qualifications will have the skills and knowledge to work in the IT industry in a range of roles such as security consultant, security analyst, security administrator, incident analyst, incident handler, information assurance analyst, security assessor/auditor, security engineer, penetration tester, digital forensic analyst, network forensic analyst, malware analyst, security developer or other information/cyber security-related support roles e.g. service desk.
Bachelor degree or equivalent practical, professional or educational experience in the IT industry.
An international English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall academic score of at least 6.0 (with at least 5.5 in each band) issued within the last two years, or equivalent.