To develop the technical skills to conduct security tests against networks and the business skills necessary for providing justification, efficiency and an understanding of contemporary business and security needs.
On successful completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Evaluate the business needs of security testing and apply Cybersecurity knowledge and technical security baselines.
- Undertake practical security testing and analyse and verify test results using industry processes.
- Monitor the threat environment, using local and international security alert reports to provide timely and accurate advice to the security team and update the threat model.
- Analyse the functionality and operation of security techniques and implement them as they apply to software, databases and data.
- Cybersecurity concepts, roles, threat model, problem escalation paths, legal environment and compliance requirements.
- Technical security techniques, tools (including tool validation), reporting, compliance to best practice (rules of engagement, penetration testing contracts and others).
- Practical security testing.
- Exposure to a wide range of tools, operating systems and attack techniques.
- Providing input to the security threat model and suggesting security policy solutions.
- Business security testing