This programme has been designed to meet specific needs, as identified by local industry, through a programme that includes work-integrated learning, ICT project management and applied research skills, while focussing on a specific area of interest.
Graduates will be able to:
- work effectively in multicultural teams and exercise leadership as required
- engage in rigorous intellectual analysis, criticism and problem-solving
- learn independently and appreciate the need for continued learning
- apply their advanced knowledge and skills in practical situations
- apply focused technology skills to meet emerging industry needs
- critically evaluate research literature in Information and Communications Technology
- plan, conduct and report on small-scale research projects
- communicate effectively (orally, visually and in writing)
- identify, analyse and address ICT-related ethical issues
- apply project management knowledge and skills
Graduates may find employment in the business, education, government, health, industry or community sectors in positions such as: Business Analyst, Database Administrator, Network Manager, Information Systems Manager, Project Manager, Security Specialist, Software Developer, Software Tester, Systems Administrator, Systems Analyst, Systems Integrator, and Team Leader.
Or can progress to further study in the Master of Information Technology.
Degree in a related subject or equivalent experience