This programme is designed for people with an intellectual/learning disability who require specialised support to develop the skills and knowledge to maximise their potential. To gain increased confidence to meet their aspirations, support their life and work goals, so as to participate and contribute as a productive citizen of Aotearoa New Zealand.
What you will learn
- How to be more independent, learning more about yourself
- Identify and put in place strategies to maintain daily routines
- Increase communication and interpersonal skills
- Explore options and set personal goals for the future
- Learn about options for health and wellness
- How to work as part of a team
- Explore responsibilities of being a citizen of Aotearoa New Zealand
Managing everyday living
Manage daily living, set goals and participate in the community.
Hauora (health and wellness)
Manage and maintain health and wellness. Have a safe home environment and access support within the community.
Develop knowledge and skills to assist effective communication with others, give and receive information and solve everyday problems.
Be a responsible citizen, participate in the community, understand own culture and have a basic understanding of Tikanga Maori.
Applicants need to attend an interview to be considered for selection for this programme.