Increase your knowledge of Tourism Sustainable Practices, Digital Media, and Tourism Industry and Enterprises. Engage directly with tourism businesses to deliver projects or use your current workplace and experience to gain a formal qualification. With a key focus placed on experiential learning, classes are taught using a blended learning approach of classroom learning, industry field trips and engagements. The programme is also offered as a distance learning option with the option of further study with a pathway into a range of majors in the Bachelor of Applied Business Management.
What you will learn
- An appreciation of the influence digital marketing and in particular how social media impacts on the marketing and selling of tourism products and destinations. You will get the chance to create multimedia product and content, for use in a tourism enterprise.
- How to evaluate tourism enterprises from an operational perspective and the strategies which drive success in this dynamic business environment.
- The benefits of adopting environmentally, and economically sustainable practices which are also socially and culturally sustainable.
- To evaluate, analyse and assess the impact that individuals, groups, and structures have on the behaviour of people within organisations.
- Concepts and principles of leadership required to create a personal plan to develop leadership capabilities.
- A range of problem-solving strategies and analytical decision-making tools, and develop an understanding of human factors which impact on decision making.
- The applied skills and knowledge to take full responsibility to deliver a tourism-based project for a real tourism organisation.
Work in a senior-level role within a tourism business in operations management, business development, general management and trade development.
Or 120 credits at Level 5 in business or in a related discipline, Or equivalent study/work experience AND evidence of ability based on a portfolio and interview.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5, or equivalent.