What you will learn
- Learn the correct care for cats, dogs and rabbits
- Techniques of animal handling
- Welfare, ethics and safe working practices
- Health and husbandry of companion animals
- Hygiene and zoonosis
- Work experience at Wellington SPCA
- Pet shop employee
- Dog daycare worker
- Professional pet sitter
- Professional dog walker
- Kennel/cattery assistant
- Animal groomer
All students will be required to complete a Criminal Declaration form: Criminal Conviction Declaration Form (PDF 63 KB)
NCEA Level 1, or equivalent gained through tertiary study or relevant personal, practical, professional and/or educational experience, including literacy and numeracy competence equivalent to that specified above.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.0 with no band score lower than 5.0, or equivalent.