What you will learn
- Learn the correct care for cats, dogs and rabbits
- Techniques of animal handling
- Welfare, ethics and safe working practices
- Health and husbandry of companion animals
- Hygiene and zoonosis
- Work experience at Wellington SPCA
- Pet shop employee
- Dog daycare worker
- Professional pet sitter
- Professional dog walker
- Kennel/cattery assistant
- Animal groomer
Documents and other Details
NCEA Level 1, or equivalent gained through tertiary study or relevant personal, practical, professional and/or educational experience, including literacy and numeracy competence equivalent to that specified above.
All students are required to undergo a police check at the time of entry into the programme. In the event of an adverse police report, entry into the programme will be at the discretion of the Head of School.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.0 with no band score lower than 5.0, or equivalent.