What you will learn
- Assist with surgical and clinical nursing
- Learn diagnostic skills, including radiography of animals and collecting and testing diagnostic samples
- Gain knowledge in the area of breeding
- Recognise normal and abnormal conditions and behaviour of animals
- Develop industry reception services, sales skills and professional behavior
- Veterinary nursing assistant
- Animal recreation and rehabilitation worker
- Animal control officer
- Pet shop employee
- Pet sitter and walker
- Animal groomer
- Interview – to assess your suitability for the programme
- Curriculum vitae and two personal referees
- Personal statement and health declaration
- Police check (completed annually)
- Three days of work experience and/or observation of animals within a veterinary clinic
Must be 18 years of age at the beginning of the programme
- Additional Entry Criteria for Health and Social Services Programmes (PDF 1.6 MB)
Under 20 years
60 credits at NCEA Level 2 with at least 12 credits in Level 2 English, 12 credits in Level 1 Maths and 12 credits of relevant science at Level 1, or equivalent tertiary study.
Over 20 years
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5, or equivalent.
How to apply
You will need additional forms and documents for your application, please read the steps and download the required forms through the link below.