What you will learn
- Explore a range of drawing techniques
- Learn fundamental digital camera operation skills – aperture, shutter speed, composition and lighting
- Foundation of contemporary design skills including image manipulation and enhancement.
- Be introduced to filmmaking through video camera operation, recording techniques and editing software
- Experience digital fabrication - operate a laser cutter, 3D scanner, 3D printer and drawing tablet
- Create 2D and 3D projects using interdisciplinary design practice including physical and digital media
Hands-on design processes ranging from initial concept drawings and mock-ups, through to model making using physical and digital techniques
Graphic design fundamentals using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
Motion graphics, video, and photography using Adobe Premier and After Effects.
Produce a body of work that encompasses skills and processes learnt throughout the course.
- Digital 3D modeller
- Digital media designer
- Graphic designer
- Screen printer
- Fine artist
- Creative technologist
Under 20 years
NCEA level 2 or equivalent qualification/work experience and evidence of suitability based on a portfolio of work.
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5, or equivalent.
Further study options
Prepare for your study with the Gordon Harris Design Kit.