1. We recommend you apply online from the WelTec website.
2. Before you start your online application, you will need to have the following documentation available to upload when requested:
- Completed ‘Application for Health & Social Service Programmes’ - downloadable below
- Referee reports - downloadable below (refer to step 3 below)
- Verified ID
- Verified official transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
3. Give the referee reports to two people who are willing to be your referees. Ask them to complete the forms and either return to yourself (so you can upload with your application), or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 days. Please note applications will not be processed until both referee reports have been received.
4. Alternatively, completed applications can be printed off and either:
Private Bag 39814
Lower Hutt 5045
21 Kensington Avenue
Petone, Lower Hutt
Click to download the following forms for your application:
Selection Application for Health and Social Services Programmes
Health and Social Services Referee Report
- We will confirm receipt of your application by email.
- If your application is complete it will be forwarded to the School to review. If your application is incomplete you will be emailed and asked to provide the missing documentation.
- Important note: Occasionally, due to demand, all places in a programme may be allocated before the programme closing date. We recommend you apply early and ensure your application is complete.
- Applications are processed in order, by the date the School receives the completed application.
- Applicants who meet the academic entry requirements will be interviewed by members of the Selection Committee to determine their suitability.
- Applicants who do not meet the academic entry requirements will be contacted and advised of other possible pathways i.e. completion of a foundation programme.
Student Loans and Allowances
For information on student loans and allowances visit the StudyLink website or contact them on 0800 88 99 00. Use the StudyLink website tools to ensure you are eligible for a student loan and/or allowance.