Flexible Study Options
This programme has flexible study options with both day and night papers offered.
Day papers will be taught at the Petone campus
9am - 1pm
- Night papers will be taught in Wellington
4.30pm - 8.30pm
Are you looking to study part-time while you work or balance other commitments?
No problem we can make study work for you. This programme includes part-time study options for people who want the flexibility of studying while they manage other commitments.
What you will learn
- Develop the thinking to improve business operations
- Understand accounting and economic principles and practices
- Develop marketing plans and sales strategies
- Learn skills for recruitment and staff training
- Explore risk management
- Learn how to develop and maintain long-term business relationships
- Carry out business research
- Develop problem-solving and business communication skills
- Analyse the impact of multicultural influences on business operations
- Consider how principles of the Treaty of Waitangi can be applied to business practice in Aotearoa
Choose a specialisation
Accounting - Course Strands
Achieve a nationally-recognised qualification. You’ll have the opportunity to be endorsed by the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accounting Technician.
- Process financial transactions
- Prepare financial statements and reports
- Monitor business performance against budgets
- Analyse financial information to inform business decisions
- Apply tax rules for individuals and small businesses
- Determine controls to minimise financial risk
- Follow the accounting profession’s code of ethics
Leadership and Management - Course Strands
- Identify operational issues and challenges
- Plan and apply techniques to improve business performance
- Develop leadership skills, learn to delegate tasks
- Positively influence others to achieve business goals
- Foster a positive workplace culture
- Encourage team engagement
- Manage projects within scope, resources and time
- Team leader
- Project and event administrator
- Office manager
- Accounts receivable/payable officer
- Business developer
- Finance administrator
Under 20 years
NCEA Level 2 or equivalent qualification/work experience.
Over 20 years
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0, or equivalent.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
* International fees shown here do not include insurance and administration (currently approximately $780 per year of study)