Achieve a nationally-recognised qualification. You’ll have the opportunity to be endorsed by the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants or the Association of Administrative Professionals New Zealand.
What you will learn
- Develop the thinking to improve business operations
- Understand accounting and economic principles and practices
- Develop marketing plans and sales strategies
- Learn skills for recruitment and staff training
- Explore risk management
- Learn how to develop and maintain long-term business relationships
- Carry out business research
- Develop problem-solving and business communication skills
- Analyse the impact of multicultural influences on business operations
- Consider how principles of the Treaty of Waitangi can be applied to business practice in Aotearoa
Choose a specialisation
- Process financial transactions
- Prepare financial statements and reports
- Monitor business performance against budgets
- Analyse financial information to inform business decisions
- Apply tax rules for individuals and small businesses
- Determine controls to minimise financial risk
- Follow the accounting profession’s code of ethics
Leadership and Management
- Identify operational issues and challenges
- Plan and apply techniques to improve business performance
- Develop leadership skills, learn to delegate tasks
- Positively influence others to achieve business goals
- Foster a positive workplace culture
- Encourage team engagement
- Manage projects within scope, resources and time
- Team leader
- Project and event administrator
- Office manager
- Accounts receivable/payable officer
- Business developer
- Finance administrator
Under 20 years
NCEA Level 2 or equivalent qualification/work experience.
Over 20 years
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0, or equivalent.
Further study options
You can cross-credit courses towards the Bachelor of Business Management (Level 7). If you're doing the diploma with the Leadership and Management specialisation, that is year one of the degrees so you can straight on to year two.