The Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology is a 120 credit level 8 qualification (at least 90 credits must be gained from level 8 courses) which can be completed in two full-time trimesters.
What you will learn
- Gain specialist knowledge in a chosen area in Information Technology
- Learn effective project management
- Elective options include:
- Business Intelligence and Data Mining
- Mobile application development
- Cloud Computing and ICT Infrastructure
- Network security and forensics
- Information management
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Information assurance
- Network fundamentals
Potential Career Options
Project manager, Security Engineer, Software developer, Network manager, IT systems analyst, Database manager
Schedule of Courses and Options
The Programme has two compulsory papers and a range of electives as shown below:
All courses are 15 credits unless stated otherwise.
Compulsory (15 credits at level 7, 15 credits at level 8)
- IT8426 / IT8418 Advanced Project Management for Information Technology - Online/Blended delivery
- IT8401/IT8400- Research in Information Technology - Online/Blended delivery
- IT8410 / IT8401 - Business Analysis for Information Technology - Online/Blended delivery
- IT8411 / IT8402- Business Intelligence and Data Mining
- IT8412 / IT8403 - Cloud Computing and ICT Infrastructure - Online/Blended delivery
- IT8415 / IT8406 - Multimedia Application Development for Mobile Devices - Online/Blended delivery
- IT8416 / IT8407 - Network Design and Management
- IT8417 / IT8408 - Network Security and Forensics
- IT8418 / IT8409 - Quality Assurance and Testing
- IT8419 / IT8410 - Systems Architecture and Technology Integration
- IT8420 / IT8411 - Special Topic in Information Technology (Blockchain and Cryptocurrency) - Online/Blended delivery
- IT8421 / IT8412 - Research Project (30 credits) - Online/Blended delivery
- IT8422 / IT8413 - Topics in Cyber Ethics - Online/Blended delivery
- IT8424 / IT8413 - Internship (30 credits)
A bachelor's degree or postgraduate qualification in information technology or related, or have the acquired skills and knowledge through relevant work or professional experience.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 6.5 with no band score lower than 6, or equivalent.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
Are you looking to study part-time while you work or balance other commitments?
No problem we can make study work for you. This programme includes part-time study options for people who want the flexibility of studying while they manage other commitments
* International fees shown here do not include insurance and administration (currently approximately $780 per year of study)
Further Study Options
Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology: